Fuel prices are increasing, not only in Malaysia. There are even riots across the globe and protestors demand lower fuel prices.
I have successfully managed to reduce my own fuel consumption. It is possible – answer a couple of questions, check your internal reaction to these questions and realise that you are also responsible for your own level of fuel consumption. Even so the questions are formulated in a state of fun, I invite you to consider them carefully and reflect on them, even after you read them:
1. If there is a larger gap between you and the other car in front of you, do you speed up to reduce the distance?
2. There is a curve in front of you. Do you speed up to the curve only to apply the breaks sharply just before the curve begins?
3. The toll approaches. Do you prefer to roll comfortably toward it and arrive without applying the breaks or do you speed up and reduce speed just before the gate?
4. Are you always the first to arrive at a red light?
5. How do you feel when someone overtakes you? Do you give everything to be in front of that person again?
6. How far do you usually press down the accelerator in the city when you start from the traffic light? Totally to the bottom, half way, or gently at the top?
7. While waiting for others, do you switch off the engine or leave it running?
8. Do you warm up the engine before you drive off?
9. Do you let the engine running in the traffic jams even so you know that the traffic light might take 3-5 minutes to turn green.
10. How do you feel when your car is showing signs that it needs to be repaired?
11. Did you modify the car to speed it up, tune it up or rev it up?
Clearly, the more yes you gave to the different questions (which are bias, I admit!), the higher is the chance that you can reduce your fuelbill.
I know it is hard to change driving habits and slow down, roll more often, be the last to arrive at the traffic light and even have someone cut in in front of you. But, let me assure you – your fuel bill will decline. You actually live healthier and have reduced the chances of an accident.
After a while, driving becomes a breeze, and new habits have been created. And your wallet is more graetful as well.
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.