Yesterday was our very first International Happiness Day as declared by the United Nations. It “underlines the commitment of its 193 member states to “better capture the importance of the pursuit of happiness and well-being in development with a view to guiding their public policies.” (New York Times)
Great. But do we really need to have a day of happiness?
Isn’t it possible to be happy EVERY day. Shouldn’t we strive to create happiness within us? And for those that are less fortunate then many of us?
I don’t believe that we can presecribe happiness. Think about it. Have you ever heard someone say: “Hey – I would like to order a ton of happiness and can you deliver it tomorrow?” Most likely not!
But many people come to us and say that their goal is happiness.
It is not their goal but the outcome of their goal is the creation of happiness!!
Happiness is an inner state and can be created in an instant. But you are responsible for it and no one else!!
To make it happen, ask yourself these easy questions:
- What makes you happy? Or, what is it that you need to achieve that makes you happy?
- How do you know that you are happy? What are the pictures, and sounds that float through your mind when you are happy? What do you believe about yourself and others around you, when you are happy?
- What are some of the situations when you are happy? Are there situations that make you more happy than others – what is the difference?
- How do you think of situations that don’t make you that happy? What are the pictures, and sounds that float through your mind when you are not happy?
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.