What an interesting question.
During this training program in Langkawi/ Malaysia, some leaders in the initial part of the training mentioned that actually they do not know if they can learn something.
They are so long on the job. They have seen it all. Mergers, acquisitions, retrenchments, strategic diversification, miscommunication and so on.
They came to my training to, on the one hand have fun. But they were curious and wanted to see what we have to offer.
I was told before that these leaders sometimes walked out of training when nothing new happened, or their curiosity wasn’t matched.
Talk about raising expecatations.
As usual, and based on the advise of my mentors, such as Tad James or Shelle Rose Charvet, I start the training slow, even outside of the sphere of NLP.
Our training is different, and as such, any transformation, or experience, needs to be introduced carefully. So we start with fun, and activities, before the “real training” and the journey into the mind starts.
A result of today’s training?
Everybody stayed, from senior management to manager. One of the Deputy GMs mentioned that he learned something today.
It is about learning, and sharing and just about the right mixture of meeting expectations and putting on pressure.
Tomorrow is another day.
But yes, a resounding yes – leaders can still learn. Anyone can learn something, anything they want. What have you learned today?
We then go back to Kuala Lumpur, with a meeting on Sunday.
From next week onwards, wow, I will be busy, as I run two NLP Practitioner Training simultaneously. But this is another story.
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.