Change is the only constant.
The faster you change, the better off you are.
If you don’t change, you are out of here.
Change will only get faster.
Such and similar expressions are all around us, all the time. Even my blog here states that we change behaviours fast and create change that lasts.
The question is – how much do you need to change, in order to create change? Humans are different and looking at the average failure of change management programs, clearly, humans don’t want to change. Or, shall I say, humans don’t want dramatic change.
Do you know that according to Rodger Bailey, the developer of the Language and Behaviour Profile (LAB Profile), 70% of the population at work either don’t like change (5%) or does only like little, incremental change (65%). Interesting, hm?
Small changes can make a difference, so. A recent participant of mine said that 2% of change is sufficient to make a dramatic impact down the road! The 2% of change that you initiate today can make a huge difference down the road. 2% of change, or make it 3%, or 4%, entirely up to you, is something that nearly everybody, every mind can cope with. Longterm, so, it makes the difference that makes a difference.
If, the next time, someone comes with a huge proposal to change something tremendously, don’t get nervous. Look around and see, how you can nail down the 2%. I bet you will go farther than many others, that start the initiative and then, slowly, they stop.
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.