Confusion, often cursed as an undesired state of mind, is actually positive, when you think about it carefully.
Put it in relation to change.
If there is no change, people are comfortable. They are going about doing their thing, and the world moves on. Their unconscious mind is happy, since it just needs to do for you what it did yesterday – protecting you and to make sure that the habits you created earlier don’t change too much. That is the time in COMFORT.
Now, there is the other side – the desired state, the outcome that you aspire to. The glorious future, the one that entices you.
And in between, well, there is THE gap. The chasm to cross. The bridge of no return. The way to go to the desired state.
Confusion can be found in this state in between. Your unconscious mind wants to drag you back into the bag of comfort. The zone that you know. It is here in the grey zone, when you feel strange, confused, and uncomfortable.
It is here, when most people give up. Because, honestly, change is easy, but to cross this grey zone can be daunting. People want to pull you back – “Hey, you have changed, where is the old XYZ?.” Or: “You are so different now, I cannot talk to you anymore.” And on top of that, your own internal feeling of discomfort.
My tip – keep on going. Keep you goal in focus and stay on target. Because there was a reason for you to change. You know it. And so do it!!
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.