As a trainer, it is also my job to formulate training programmes, customised to the needs of an organisation. This is the exciting part of my job, aside of the actual training.
It is not just about taking material from here and there and then plucking it into a PowerPoint Presentation or Word Document.
But to me, it also is something else:
– It is the predetermined energy that I put in that determines the outcome of the training. This might have been the reason why I recently got so much applause from my participants as they experience their own transformation.
– It is the fun to creatively imagine the flow of the presentation and the impact that the different learning modules have on the participants. Imagining the setup of the exercises.
– Imagining the exercises and their precise finetuning. You see, I take a lot of stuff from my NLP material that I have. A lot of it is more tailored to working the exercises with individuals. Now, in my work with organisations, individual work is not always possible as the groups want to experience group work. As such, I have to modify some exercises to fit their needs and while I do this, I make so many dramatic changes that I get totally excited about it.
– It is the ability to foresee how the stuff will stretch the participants out from their comfort zone into something new. This new one must be so exciting that they want to stay there and not go back to their old habits. It must be so exciting that they take the learning back to their corporate world and against old odds and habits, and actually start implementing it and then, teach it to others.
When I then enter the training room, and start teaching the material, I do it with excitement and passion. Everything, as I imagined it earlier in my mind, is going to roll out.
Sometimes, especially when it is very new stuff, I doubt their effectiveness initially. Especially when it is a group that is not that easily “activated”. Thoughts run through my mind like – “will it work?” until I reach the point when I see them getting it. And then, the fun begins. The mutual harmony, the cooperation, the transformation – the fun of my job.
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.