A restaurant owner in Australia succeeds in silencing a critics, instead of improving his food. The reviewer of the restaurant had not just one, but six different dishes – talk about trying, but apparently couldn’t find a thing that was great.
He says that “the flavours of the limoncello oysters which he ordered as an appetiser “jangled like a car crash”. He was more flattering about the steak but not its sherry-scented apricot white sauce, which he described as a “wretched garnish” and scraped off.”
So he wrote a review but this was to the dislike of the owner who sued him – and now won.
How is that for an ability to change? Silence your critics?
In training, this would be like – I beat up the one trainee who gives me a bad evaluation, because I cannot stand it, instead of me going to the person and really checking out, what went wrong?
Or in coaching, I would start blaming the coachee for not changing quickly enough, while I actually would need to have the flexibility to use more tools to help the coachee break through and achieve his or her goals.
This is like, there is only failure and no feedback, instead of saying that there is only feedback and no failure. This is like, the restaurant owner refuses to learn a thing.
In the end, it will come back, through other sources, not reviews. Because what goes around, comes around!!
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.