Boy, this is kind of a rollercoaster ride. Dow Jones is up and down. Some banks are shaking, some go down – who would have thought that Wachovia would fail – while others, such as BNP Paribas still expand.
Now even Singapore’s Singtel signals reduced business.
What are you going to do about it is something I asked last month?
I recently saw an interview with Jeff Immelt, the CEO of GE on CNBC. I don’t get the words exactly right now, but he said that people and companies still buy or even need to buy products. While the market for some products and services has been hit, it is now a question of directing the remaining buyers to your own portfolio and company’s service.
Great expression. So the job is to secure your company by directing a reduced number of buyers to your own away from the competitors.
What do you think? Does this make sense? In a way, it does! Again, this requires a different mindset, a different way of marketing, selling, relationship building. Now, I read that some few and smaller companies in Malaysia started to reduce training. That is okay, if one believes it is the way to reduce overheads. But how do those companies know that their competitor does not conduct even more training, finetunes their operations and skills? To get out of this crisis unscarred and ready for rockn’ roll.
What measures do you have to cope with the crisis? How ready are you to get through it and out of it some times in the future?
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.