The Asian Cup Finals are on and Malaysia is host country. As a host country, they qualified for the tournament automatically, and that is probably the only reason or chance that they were able to play with others.
After the first two games, the difference between the teams is clear. Malaysia was beaten by China (1:5) and by Uzbekistan (0:5) and it doesn’t look like they can go on to the next round, the quarter finals. And it is not one of those music competitions where someone who is voted off earlier can be voted in again. It hurts because it is a football crazy nation, with lots of fans holding on for Manchester United, Chelsea or Liverpool.
The discussion about Malaysia’s situation in sport is an ongoing one. Every time, someone loses, the whole nation howls in desparation. This is a country that aspires to have a lot of firsts in the world.
The disappointment thus sits even deeper.
Seriously, I don’t believe that the technical skills are something that can change over night, or that stamina can be enhanced.
I believe, however, that NLP and the ability to influence mind and attitude positively can make a difference in the way the players conduct themselves on the field. NLP can increase flexibility, mental stamina, confidence, and heck, it might influence the outcome. I am not saying that Malaysia will immediately go on to become a world champion but that change is possible, if embarked upon from all levels – and that means mental mind power as well.
If there is anyone reading this with connections in the soccer environment, please give me a shout. I am more than happy to “shout back” 🙂
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.