Have you realised that time has a value to each and every one of us? And no, it is not about being late to a meeting but how we express time in the words we use and the meaning we give.
Let me give you an example.
“We are wasting time”.
“Be on time”.
“We lost time”.
“Let’s hurry up”.
“We are hard-pressed for time.”
“Can we finish on time.”
“I have another meeting lined up.”
“We are running out of time.”
All these are expressions of how we code time in our neurology. The value we give time in our life. Is time a resource, a thing, something to treasure, something to waste and so on.
In NLP or Timeline Therapy(TM), we say that people can be “in-time” or “through time”.
People that code time as “in-time” oftentimes have the future in front of them and the past is seen as something behind. The timeline from past to future and present, when connected, touches the body. For “Through Time People”, the timeline does not touch the body.
The way they code time expresses itself in their behaviour. It is said that Through Time People are more punctual, while In-Time People live in the moment and can forget time and appointments. This is a general rule, of course, and society, environment, education and experience can impress a different behaviour. In addition, our behaviour changes according to the context in which we operate, and thank goodness for this.
Still, it is an interesting topic to think about and to reflect on how we code and express the need for time in our life.
So, how do you code or express time in your life?
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.