A new study by Leadership IQ reveals frightening data, at least for the US.
“Only 20% of people strongly trust the top management of their organization. 36% moderately trust their top management, while the remaining 44% range from not trusting to strongly distrusting their top management.”
“The study further discovered that people were more trusting of their direct boss than top management. 34% of people strongly trust their direct boss. 35% moderately trust their direct boss, while the remaining 31% range from not trusting to strongly distrusting their direct boss.”
“An employee’s longevity with a company directly correlates with how much they trust their management. The results of the survey show that trust significantly predicts employee loyalty. Approximately 32% of a worker’s desire to stay or go is the result of feeling or not feeling trust towards their boss.”
So the questions are:
For leaders: - Does it matter if your employees trust you? - How do you usually behave to gain trust? - What can you do more of or less of to gain trust?
For employees: - What does a boss need to do to gain your trust? - How does lack of trust relate to your productivity? - Would you perform better if you could trust your boss? - What would your boss need to do in order to gain your trust? - How often does your boss need to demonstrate this behaviour before you trust him or her again? - Is the trust related to the company, to the products or services provided or to the individual at the top?
Interested in developing your leadership abilities?
Then join our upcoming two day course that transforms your mind for better results. Unleash the leader within you!
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.