I went to Lumut last Saturday to teach rapport building skills to a group of Tans Sri’s and Dato’s and “normal” management.
It happened as I accompanied the CEO of another company to that place and was part of a strategic planning session.
I heard to late that these were Tan Sri’s and wondered – how the heck do I do that? I mean, these “people” are at the top of the ladder, so what do they need rapport for?
So this was then my starting point and I was amazed about their participation. While some were initially sitting as if nothing bothered them, they slowly warmed up and we had a great discussion.
About different things. Things that seemed to bother them.
Such as the functioning of sincerity. That there is rapport and there is relationship building. The relationship between respect and rapport.
Very important points and surely – all of these are important ingredients to rapport. Because, how can you build a relationship, if there is no sincerity, no respect and no wish to actually build a relationship. As people become aware of the ability to build rapport, and then use this to gain for their own pockets, it becomes to obvious.
Relationship is, for me, the function after rapport and trust.
Only when trust has been established can you build relationships. Rapport is just this – the entry door without which one cannot build trust, or continue working on magnificent relationships.
And yes, even Tan Sri’s need rapport.
Andreas is the founder of Asia Mind Dynamics and a certified trainer of internationally recognised certification programmes:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP),
- NLP Coach Training with the Coaching Division of ABNLP,
- The Words That Change Minds -Language and Behaviour Profile of which he also is one of 17 Global Master Trainers
- Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques at the Masters Level with the International Timeline Therapy Association
- Hypnosis with the American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH)
- Master Trainer with the International Association of Counsellors and Therapists (IACT).
We also train companies to achieve higher performance especially through our signature programmes on Leadership, Sales and Advanced Communications.
To find out more about us or our programme and what makes us so very different as trainer and coaches, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or contact us at +6012 287 5048.